Tuesday 12 June 2012

Bruce Peninsula Trip Report

Dad and I went on a short two night three day backpacking trip at the Bruce Peninsula this past weekend. We started by going along the Cyprus Lake trail, then onto the Horse Lake trail, which put us on the Bruce trail.  From there we hiked east to Storm Haven, where we spent the first night.  The next day we continued east, past Halfway Log Dump, and ended up at High Dump, where we would spend the night. The final day we hiked from High Dump back to where we started, at Cyprus Lake.  I tried to take a lot of pictures over the course of the trip, and some of them turned out okay, so lets work through them.
This is a picture of me, during the hike in.

Dad hanging our food from an artificial tree

My tarp over Dad's tent.  There were no good hammock trees at this site, so I slept in the tent instead.





My Vibram KSO's and Injinji socks




Wild Roses


We saw lots of Garter Snakes

Climbing a small uphill section of trail



There was a fork on a tree.  We don't know why.



Just as we were getting to our campsite, we saw this.














This is my hammock setup, bug net and tarp included.


This rock had a hole in it!

An eastern milk snake, not a rattlesnake.

1 comment: